The all-new Flipgrid is here! Beginning today and continuing into fall, we are launching new features to enhance the Flipgrid experience for both you and your community.
Keep reading to explore all the updates, and…
- Explore the refreshed Getting Started Educator and Student Videos, Remote Learning One Pager, and Help Center
- Sign up for a live Flipgrid onboarding webinar with our Educator Innovation Leads!
Every change to Flipgrid is driven by your ideas, your stories and your feedback. Thank you for all you do to make learning fun, engaging and empowering!
Our camera is the heart of Flipgrid. It’s what you and your learners use to express creativity and tell your story! Last year, you shared 2.6 billion videos on Flipgrid — that’s 80 videos per second!
- Boards: Use backgrounds like graph paper, lined, dotted paper (we heard you, math teachers!) or cork boards. Enjoy split-screen recording, with your video on one side and a board on the other!
- Creative Fonts: We announced eight new fonts to help your learners express their creativity.
- New Filters: We’ve added several new filters, from new color gradients to privacy filters like Block-mode.
- Frames: Add some flair to your videos with custom frames, including neon, news, or a jungle courtesy of our friends at Microsoft Education!
- Stickers: We are releasing new sticker packs every month, including themes for math, equality, and speech bubbles. We’re also adding gif stickers and building in the ability for you to stack and layer stickers on your screen!
We have updated the way your community engages with Flipgrid to make it simpler and more fun. Here are updates that will help your learners enjoy their Flipgrid experience even more:
- Topic View: It is now easier to view and respond to your Topic prompts. Videos have more space on the screen and will play right from your Topic view.
- Video View: When you click into a video, a new modern design will put your learner’s video front-and-center and you can now also see which video is “up next” to watch.
- Coming Fall 2020 Comments: Now your learners can reply to one another’s videos with text and video, taking social learning to the next level! As the educator you are in complete control. Moderating the Topic allows you to preview before activating any video or Comment. You can remove any comment any time. Our advanced AI looks for bullying and toxic language to ensure Flipgrid is a positive and fun experience for all!
- Coming Fall 2020 Educator Comments: As the educator, you can leave feedback Comments via text or video just like your learners. You can make your Comments private (so only the individual learner can view) or public (so everyone in the Topic can view). And your learners can view your Comments right from your Flipgrid Topic!
When it came to improving the Educator Dashboard, we heard you loud and clear: You want to make it super simple to create Topics and share with any community. And to do that, sometimes you don’t need a Grid.
- Stand-Alone Topics: Simply create your discussion prompt, choose how your community will access, and share!
- Groups: We still have Grids, only now they’re called Groups. Groups allow your learners to access multiple Topics with a single Join Code. Your existing Grids are now listed as Groups. If you want, you can use Flipgrid like you always have: create a Group then add Topics.
- Individual Email Access: When inviting your community to join your Flipgrid Topic, you can now grant access to specific emails. This makes it super simple to invite guests and family members into your Flipgrid discussions!
- Adobe Spark Integration: We partnered with our friends at Adobe to make Spark videos play right inside your Flipgrid Topics!
- New Quickview: It’s now easier than ever to review and share learner videos, reply with Comments, and edit Captions right from your Educator Dashboard!
- Group Banners: Educators can now choose from bright and beautifully designed theme images to add to their groups, with a range of beach, water, space and animal themes to wow their learners! A huge shout to the Nando Costa and the Microsoft Design team for their gorgeous additions!
- Coming Fall 2020 Add to Multiple Groups: With our new Topic-first design, it will be super simple to add a single Topic to multiple Groups!
Last year at Flipgrid Live, we introduced to you Trending Topics, Playlists and Featured Educators in the Discovery Library. This year, we’ve added incredible new partners and playlists to enhance your curriculum.
Collections: Now everyone can create and share Collections in the Discovery Library! Collections are groups of Flipgrid Topic templates that can be shared with any Flipgrid educator. Submit your own Topics for a chance to be included in our new August Collections, like Conversations About Race, Equity and Justice; SEL; and Back-to-School!
Featured Topics: We’re now spotlighting a Topic of the Day to jumpstart engagement with your class and a new Wonder of the Day in partnership with our friends at Wonderopolis.
Partner Pages: Lastly, we created Partner Pages, which contain all the info you need on each Flipgrid partner, such as their website and social accounts as well as all their Discovery Library Collections. Thank you to each of our new partners, including: